Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I get numb feeling from top of my arms down to my hands,my

I get numb feeling from top of my arms down to my hands,my arms and hands seize up and i cant move them and my hands go blue,this lasts for a few mintutes,its happened twice this week and a couple of months ago,also occasionally i go dizzy.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.The symptoms are almost clearly seen in a condition called cervical spondylosis, in which the cervical vertebrae loose their intervertebral distance and start impinging on the nerves supplying the upper limbs all the way up to the hands. Dizziness and neck pain are also frequently experienced. The other differential is thoracic outlet syndrome in which spasmed muscles can cause compression of the nerves and arteries supplying the upper limbs. In order to achieve the diagnosis you will need to see your GP and have this examined and get x-rays of the cervical spine and thoracic outlet. If the tests confirm the diagnosis then referral to the neurologist to be made and appropriate treatment would be initiated.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.