Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have been prescribed Predisilone tablets as I have bad

I have been prescribed Predisilone tablets as I have bad inflammation in my joints especially in my left arm, which is made worse as I have had radiotherapy on my lymph glands in my armpit and my chest. I was told to take 6 tablets every morning but by the evening my heart started racing and I had a thumping headache and thus went on all night. I also have a slow metabolism. Should I reduce the dose.
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, you are possibly having side effects of the prednisolone, you can either reduce the dose if your join pain or inflammation has decreased or you can use beta blockers to reduce the symptoms. Dose should be reduce to 20mg or 4 tablets per day and not less than that. Let me know if you have questions.