Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My son is 10 years old and has had a high fever days the

Customer Question

Hi, my son is 10 years old and has had a high fever for two days the temperature is in the range of 39.5C to 40.5C and is only coming down with paracetamol 4x a day and ibuprofen 3 x a day to 37.8C. he is complaining of pain in his mid range back (not upper or lower) and he has white spots on his tonsils. He is drinking fluids but not eating. My concern is - a kidney infection? Do I need to take him to a doctor today? thank you Evie
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.He MUST be seen by a doctor TODAY.He certainly has high grade fever.White spots on his tonsils may indicate that he is having tonsillitis or infection of the tonsils.He may require a course of an antibiotic and will likely require further testing and examination.Meanwhile I would recommend giving him ibuprofen for his fever.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
How is your son doing?