Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Had a sinus infection 3 months ago and although the blocked

had a sinus infection 3 months ago and although the blocked nose and fever have gone. I still get the sinus headache from time to time but not to worried about that. When the headaches came I was really worried it may be a brain tumour. My gp said no, there are no red flags etc. I then went to an optician and she did her checks, took pictures at the back of my eyes etc, she said it's fine, no pressure or inflammation etc and said no tumours at all. I was still worried after reading things on the Internet and went to see a neurologist privately. He said at his level he can tell by just talking to me for 5 seconds whether I have a tumour and said I don't even before he did his checks. He then done the checks and said everything is fine and really reassured me. Said if I'm going to worry then he can do an mri but said I don't have a tumour and it's basically a waste of money to do an mri. It's very costly as well. I was reassured and went.
Now for the last 3/4 days, maybe once a day I seem to get a split second vision loss like I have just blinked but haven't. I've noticed this maybe one a day for a few days. What could this be. Could it be a symptom of a tumour or anxiety, eye problem etc. the optician said my eyes were fine no pressure etc as did the neurologist. What could this be?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.It is almost certainly your anxiety getting the better of you.There is nothing suggestive of a brain tumor at all.I would not worry whatsoever.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you Dr. That's reassuring. What could the split second vision loss be?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
That, again, is not indicative of any disease.You are most likely thinking about a brain tumor a lot lately and in a lot of stress which is bringing about these symptoms. This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards