DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I get recurring feelings that I am incubating something. I

I get recurring feelings that I am incubating something. I ache, and I have a pulsating feeling in my nose and teeth and feel generally unwell. This never develops into anything specific, and goes after 3 or4 weeks, or sometimes longer. I am on steroids having reduced from 60mg per day to just over 8mg now, having had temporal arteritis.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloWhen did this feeling start exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it for years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My doctor said he didn't know where to send me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
why are you on steroidsand how long have you been?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have temporal arteritis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I had the problem before that
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OKand have you had a CT scan of the sinuses?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had CT scan of my head as they wanted to see if I had had a stroke, but not specifically of my sinuses
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
This can be inflammation of the sinuses acting up now and then.I would check with the radiologist and if there is any hint of that, repeat only of the sinuses./People stay sick like this for years because environmental allergies cause sinus inflammation, or the sinuses actually need a drainage procedure from an ENT doctor.Another approach is to see a DO, Doctor of Osteopathy, who does osteopathic manipulation. There are cranial [skull ] lesions that can inflame the sinuses, or cause other problems giving you the symptoms you have. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will do as you suggest
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytime.Any questions.Find me by request in medical, saving time in the future for comprehensive medical and integrative medical answers.I am board certified in both.Good luck.