DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have chronic fatigue and very painful, aching joints. Been

I have chronic fatigue and very painful, aching joints. Been getting progressively worse over the last ten weeks.
My doctor wants to test my hormone levels but has given me no indication as to why. Can you help please?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloHypothyroidism can make fatigue worse.That is the main hormone to check, but sex hormone imbalance and adrenal hormone problems can also cause fatigue. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had my thyroid tested last September due to weight loss (which has since stopped) and it was normal. It's not the fatigue that bothers me, it's the pain and aching all over. It's keeping me awake and I think that's why I'm tired. The doctor seemed to disregard my pain and focus only on my fatigue
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Normal has changed.If your TSH is over 2 you have a problem. Most doctors still think that up to 4.5 is normal.If you have CF, then fibromyalgia is on the same spectrum and this would account for the pain.Savella, cymbalta and lyrica are the approved medications.Positive rating please, top of the page.Come back after that if needed.