Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My balance is very bad - sometimes worse than others. Now

My balance is very bad - sometimes worse than others. Now when I go for a walk, which I do every day, sometimes I unintentionally walk faster and faster unable to slow down and then I fall over. I am wondering if I have Parkinsons Disease?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry you are having problems with your balance.you need to see your GP doctor and get a referral for a neurology evaluation.you could have parkinsons disease possibly. there are good treatments for patients who have parkinsons that can help their balance.you could have problems with your cerebellum in your brain which controls balance and coordination.you might need a brain MRI scanand neurological testing to get to the bottom of your balance problems.do you have a GP doctor you can see?