DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a under active thyroid I'm on 50mcg of Levothyroxine

Hi I have a under active thyroid I'm on 50mcg of Levothyroxine had a blood test the results are 6.8 range is (0.35-6.9) my question is am I on the right dosage
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloNoYou are still in the hypothyroid range.if you have any symptoms particularly.The dosage needs to be increased to 75.Then you need a TSH in 6 weeks. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for that my doctor has said because I'm in range that 50mcg is the correct dosage for me even though I feel rubbish. I ache more than normal everything is a struggle really have to push my self and the brain fog is getting worse again along with feeling cold