Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm not sure about whether there's anything can be done as

I'm not sure about whether there's anything can be done as I'm not sure there's a problem. I am 42 years old and have no problem getting or maintaining an erection the first time. It's on subsequent occasions on the same day or soon after that I sometimes have an issue. I'm not sure if I'm just being greedy or if this is perfectly natural but I'm used to having a very high sex drive and regularly enjoyed four or five times in the same day... I have also experienced difficulty reaching climax after the first time too, not sure if this is related... Can you help?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidas we all get older, we can loose the amazing sexual performance we had when we were younger.it is very common to be able to not have a second erection during the day if you have had sex and climaxed before.this is called the recovery period and as we all get older, the recovery period becomes longer and longer.difficulty reaching climax after the first time is also part of your body's recovery period which becomes longer and longer as we all get older.you can get blood tests to check your testosterone levels, but I bet they would be normal.what you are describing is a normal part of the aging process.we can't get back some of the things we were able to do in our youth.let me know if you have questions.