DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Discharged from hospital with urinary catheter because if

Discharged from hospital with urinary catheter because if incontinence problems due to repeated catheterisation. Now have no bladder control. G P is refusing to reinstate catheter after it fell out! I do have a long standing problem with infection and have taken Doxycycline 100mgs daily for approx 6 yrs. Advice and guidance needed!!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

What is your medical question exactly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
G P refuses as she states there is no proven reason for incontinence . I think she is failing to a appreciate that the "wellbeing" of the patient encompasses the social and psychological consequences of incontinence. I have limited mobility due to non union of# ***** of femur in 2005 Hypertension and early stages of c.o.p.d. I can walk a few steps only
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ca see her rationale but I am sitting here incontinent without the safety of the catheter and angry and miserable
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You need to see a urologist.

Constant catheters are dangerous.

Urodynamic studies need to be done.

Ask for the referral, as this is out of your GPs area of expertise.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/