Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I was in contact with an adult about three weeks ago with an

I was in contact with an adult about three weeks ago with an adult that developed chikenpox during my time with him and I have now developed an unexplained rash on my forearm and hand. I also have a numbness in the same arm that started a few days before.
Could I suffer from shingles? (I had chikenpox when I was a child).
thank you for your answer
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes quite possible. Numbness with rash suggests nerve involvement. Shingles can appear from chicken pox exposure. Valacyclovir should help to reduce the intesnity of symptoms. You can post a pic here for confirmation. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is a picture of one of the rash
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
the rash is papular and distributed along the nerve direction.You have developed shingles.You should see your doctor to start valacyclovir course for a week.Usually shingles subside in 10-14 days.Best wishes