Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have eye lids which the doctor has diagnosed by looking,

I have eye lids which the doctor has diagnosed by looking, only by looking, no sample taken as a fungal skin infection, they are darer that they should be with a redness to them, they are also dry. He gave me some anti fungal cream and after 5 days of using it theres not much improvement. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

You mentioned that you have "eye lids" which the doctor has diagnosed by looking.

Can you please elaborate on that.

I am assuming you wanted to say fungal infection of the eyelids.

Also, if you could attach a picture or two here for me to see that would be nice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats right a fungal infection of the eye lids. I have tried to attach a photo but its not accepting. Theres not much to see, its as though I have some tan or darker eye shadow on and is tinged with red, its also dry but not flaky skin.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.

I apologize for my late response.

I cannot see anything abnormal in the picture that you sent me.

However, I would like that you should add a very mild over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream to the antifungal topical cream that you are taking.

Use it for five days.

I am very hopeful that this will improve with the hydrocortisone.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I wouldn't normally put such a cream on my body - I was hoping for a natural option
I had googled 'homeopathy online' so presumed that I was speaking to a doctor who also practises homeopathy.
thank you anyway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does the hydrocortisone offer that is different from the anti fungal? i am guessing if it is a steroid cream then it tells the body to stop reacting to the issue or root cause to the problem?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The natural remedies that are most often recommended to treat a fungal skin infection are tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar, either of which can be gently dabbed onto the skin with a cotton ball.

It is also worth noting that while a skin fungal infection is frequently treated based solely on physical examination, a more definitive diagnosis can be made by looking at a scraping of the skin under a microscope. When symptoms do not improve with anti-fungal treatment, it would be appropriate to pursue this evaluation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that helps

You are most welcome.

Please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.