DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Our grandchild Bronte (15 months) has been ill with a bad

Our grandchild Bronte (15 months) has been ill with a bad chest. wheezing and coughing for the past three weeks. we have been back and forth to the doctors and at one time went to A & E. They gave her a four day course of steroids. At the time they seemed to make no difference. Recently she had seemed a little better but yesterday she started wheezing and coughing again. Today my daughter took her to the doctors and they gave antibiotics.
During the day she has had two very full nappies and this evening was violently sick. Bringing up all that was in her stomach. We were going to take her back to A&E but she fell asleep she was so exhausted. We thought it was best to let her sleep and take her to the doctor tomorrow. My daughter Kate (who has not had much sleep for the last three weeks) and Bronte are fast asleep. My question is it safe to leave it till the morning I am not sure if she managed to give her any more to drink.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf she can take fluids, there is no high fever, and if she seems better after throwing up, OK.However, you should always err on the side of safety.If there is pain, shortness of breath, fever, choking, etc. back to A&E. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas