Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Last night I started getting sharp pains, like stabbing in

Customer Question

Last night I started getting sharp pains, like stabbing in my right back/side just under my lower end of my rib cage. I have no gall bladder and pain killers do not help. What should I do?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou could be passing a kidney stone causing the painyou should drink more water and fluidsand go to the ER and get an ultrasound of your kidneys to check for kidney stones.if you do have a kidney stone, you might benefit form pyridium or Azo to help numb up your urinary tract to help decrease pain.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com