Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I have had a cough 2weeks now and as I have asthma have been

Customer Question

I have had a cough for about 2weeks now and as I have asthma have been using my inhalers a lot but now when my chest tightens up and I have to use my inhalers I have a sharp pain in the right part of my chest stopping me to beathe right in and also then I start coughing again so cannot get relief as I want, cannot get into my doctors till next week do I need to go to A/E?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.You may have pulled a muscle which acts up when you try to inhale.You should get into A/E for dual purpose.They can look at your chest and prescribe medicines to open up airways which you can take orally.They can give prescription medicines for taking care of the painful muscle which pains when you inhale.This is my initial answer.Please reply if you need any clarification.If you are done do take a moment to rate my answer as this is the only way we get paid for our time and work here.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.