Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have had a few small white dots growing on my foreskin.

I have had a few small white dots growing on my foreskin. They don't itch or pain, it's just there. Wondering what these are and how I can get rid of it.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Can you please attach a picture if possible.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here it is. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Are the white spots raised above the surface of the skin or no?Do they cause any symptoms like itching or pain?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could these small dots be? They don't hurt or itch at all. Just recently grown in the last 2 weeks all of a sudden
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Are they raised above the surface of the skin?Can you get me a more magnified picture if possible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can feel a really small lump on the dot, like a spot, but very little. It doesn't itch or pain at all.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Can you get me a more magnified picture if possible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok here thanks.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all your responses.The most likely possibility is that of tiny sebaceous cysts that are usually white.Another possibility is that of fordyce spots which again is enlarged or hypertrophied glands of the skin in this area.Usually this will go away on its own in due course of time i.e. in a period of two to four weeks at the most.If your symptoms persist, you should be seen and have these evaluated further.This does not look like anything serious or anything to worry about.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May I ask, why have these occurred? Is it because I haven't cleaned it properly or what? Ok so if I give it a couple weeks, if it's still here then go see my local doctor? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Actually what happens is that our skin regularly sheds off and we do not notice it and at times when it is shedding off it blocks these glands that are present around the hair follicles called as the sebaceous glands.Blockage of these glands can lead to these tiny bumps appearing, which is what's happening here in your case.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
you should see your local doctor.And it is not hygiene related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you very much for your help.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.I am glad that I was able to help you out today.Please do not forget to rate me before you leave.Kindest regards
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine