wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

If lasers were aimed at the head, what would happen? I saw

If lasers were aimed at the head, what would happen?
I saw something about "optical scattering" and hypothermia and destruction of tissue on the net.
I felt what might be optical scattering and the hypothermia, what do I do?
I have become very sensitive to mobile phones and other phones and cover my head with a dark hat.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It all depends on the wavelength and power of the laser.

The usual hand held lasers that are used in pointers and pistol/rifle aiming systems will not cause any damage to you at all.

Optical scattering is something you see, not feel. Hypothermia is not caused by a laser but rather by being exposed to the cold. For hypothermia you would move to a warm place.

I'm glad that covering you head with a dark hat makes you feel better.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was requested to sit in front of a mirror with bright lights all around it (rather like ones seen in actors dressing rooms/hairdressers). I FELT my head being bombarded with something (like little bullets), was it electrical or what I wonder?
Ever since then electricals, mobile phones, have given me a problem, including a prickly feel on the head and face. I hear a high pitched continuous zing, sound, too made worse when sitting under bright lights or spending too much time with TV or computer screens.
What about strobe lighting too?
Some very odd things are going on near and at my house.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Mobile phones, lights and electrical items will not cause you any damage, make your ears ring etc.

And while the TV will rot your mind with all the junk on it, it will not cause you any physical damage.

You can put your fears to rest.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS