Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I am 14 weeks post partum and have developed joint pain, i

Customer Question

hello
i am 14 weeks post partum and have developed joint pain, i had a blood test that said i have a rheumatoid factor of 155. Does this mean i have RA or an autoimmune disease? Is it serious? Could it be nothing? I am scared
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

I need some more information.

What all joints are involved?

Are the joints of hands involved?

Do you get morning stiffness?

If yes how long does it take for stiffness to improve?

What other tests you have had?

ESR, CRP quantitative, Anti CCP antibody tests have been done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, joints on the right hand thumb and left hand ring finger click and are sore in the mornings. My rheumatoid factor was 155, I have not yet had any other tests. No one has this in my family.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for replying.

You possible have rheumatoid arthritis with the positive test for rheumatoid and with involvement of small joints of hand and morning stiffness.

But you will need further investigations to reach a conclusive diagnosis.There are criteria for making a firm diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis and you would need to be seen by a doctor who has to test you further and synthesize the information obtained from blood tests and your clinical examination to make a firm diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.It is not necessary to have a family history of RA to get RA.

I understand that this was not the answer you wanted to hear but I have to tell you the truth.

Please do not hold it against me while rating the answer.

Please reply if you need any clarification.