DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My son is 26 and has Peyronie's disease and erectile

My son is 26 and has Peyronie's disease and erectile dysfunction. He has kept this to himself for over 5 years and has only told his mum and myself about it this week, he needs our help to pay a private clinic for treatment.
I have had limited time to research this disease but what I have read so far fills me with worry for him. He has had a consultation with the Andrology clinic and wants to have shock wave treatment for the erectile dysfunction and then potentially a surgery called egydio technique.
I am so worried about everything, the effect this must be having on his mental state, the risks involved with surgery, how to know whether the clinic is reputable and the apparently high chance he still won't be cured. I don't know what to do for the best and am beside myself with worry.
Paul
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

This disease is treatable.

Make sure he has seen a urologist.

There are many different treatments, oral medication, injections, etc.

The treatment can be tailored to him.

I would in fact not worry so much.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I have not seen more information from you.

I have not seen more questions from you.

YOu were invited to do both , yet only responded with a negative rating which gives me a black mark with just answer and sees that I am not paid.

Was that your intention?

Or an error...that happens.

What other questions do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not respond to my concerns around surgery risks, how to know which clinic to use , etc. I now have no confidence in your replies .
Sorry
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

There is very little risk to surgery.

However, no method is 100%

We do not make specific referrals to clinics.

But I will tell you how to do this correctly, as I did above.

He must see a urologist.

This is a specialist who will help him decide the best treatment.

IN most cases, if there is any question, a second opinion would also be in order.

The treatment should be individualized.

There is no way to tell you which clinic to go to: ***** ***** to be based on the urologists exam.

Does this make sense?

It is what I recommended above.

Please reverse your negative rating with a positive and we can continue as long as we like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** consultant he saw at the private clinic have been a urologist and should he see someone independently from the clinic he wants to go to?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I can not tell you who he saw or their training.

A urologist is the correct doctor, and he can check that.

If he needs a second opinion, yes, he should see a urologist not associated with the clinic.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** now rated excellent