Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My daughter has just finished a course of vitamin 12

Customer Question

My daughter has just finished a course of vitamin b 12 injections on Friday she has been so I'll last night vominting and diarrhoea as well as flu like symptoms would this have anything to do with her injection
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The vitamin B12 injections are not reported to cause vomiting and diarrhea, so these symptoms are most likely related to a viral infection of the gut, which is the most common cause of acute vomiting and diarrhea. Although you do not specify the flu symptoms, headache and congestion of the upper airways is reported as possible side effects. But since she is also having the vomiting and diarrhea, the flu symptoms are also likely due to a viral infection.

Since she cannot keep anything down, it would be better to limit her oral intake to clear liquids.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will give her clear liquids and see how she goes

You are most welcome. I hope that she feels better quickly.