Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

Ever since I have been taking statin tablets I find that I

Ever since I have been taking statin tablets I find that I get lower musel pain after walking a short distance just below my right knee. Once a pon a time I could walk miles but since I have been on statin tabets that is on hold.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

hi there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you with your question.

You seem to know that statin tablets can cause muscle ache. But the type of circumscripted pain you describe isn't typically for that at all. Statin muscle pain usually appears in both legs and not only while you walk. Please have your erteries checked, there might be a stenosis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is in both legs. The pain comes and goes

Okay, I understand. In those cases you usually stop the medication. If the statin caused the pain, it will disappear within two weeks. If it does, you might try another statin. Often enough people can deal with one kind better than with another.

Please discuss this with your doctor.