Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I have had a headache couple of weeks now. At first it was

Customer Question

I have had a headache for a couple of weeks now. At first it was just a niggle and pain killers helped, but now the pain is above my right temple. It is a burning pain and pain killers do nothing to ease the pain. It sometimes radiates across my temple and across to the back of my head. Please advise.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you with your question.

A headache that lasts so long should be a reason to visit your doctor. There are a couple of possible reasons: A high or very low blood pressure, shingles hidden under your hair or muscular tension in your neck are some of them.

If you don't treat the underlying condition you can't beat the headache. Taking painkillers for longer periods is hazardous for liver, kidneys, stomach and heart.

But you can get rid of the pain when you treat the reason.

I wish you the very best!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Pain in this location can be temporal arteritis [giant cell arteritis] which can cause blindness if left unattended.

The increasing severity of the pain can indicate other serious problems.

Go to A&E.

Waiting days or weeks to see your GP is not an option at this point.

Go now.

I am a double board certified clinical doctor.

Dr. Thomas.

Find me anytime for fast and correct answers.

Please click a positive rating on this post.

The arteriitis is another possible reason for your pain. What do you think? How are you doing today?