Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Term loose stools and chest problems in a two year boy

long term loose stools and chest problems in a two year boy
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my son has been suffering from very loose stools and chest problems for over a year now i was wondering if you could please point me in the right direction for some help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

Yes

Full exam from his doctor.

If that has been done, then, what is the doctors diagnosis?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they havent given me one they keep treating everything on its own without any success this has been going on for a very long time it is causing my son to be very tired he has no engry half the time and he isnt very interested in food even though he weighs 17kg
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

What treatments has he had.

They actually have to have a diagnosis to treat

What have they done?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i dont mean to be rude but i am on a library compture and the timer is going to run out in 5 minutes
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

I will opt out so that other experts might help you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i am running out of time on the compture i have 4 minutes left please help me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my email is***@******.*** and my telephone number is ***** can someone please contact me so i dont feel as though i have wasted £18 that i havent got thank you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Please accept the premium offer so that I can call you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can not afford the offer you have put but I would still like some help please
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

I would strongly recommend that he be tested further.

Has he been tested for celiac disease?

Has he had his stools tested?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is at the moment having a stool sample done he hasn't had any other tests done he also suffers from swelling of the body but unsure why
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

I would strongly recommend that he be tested for celiac disease which is a condition where there is reduced absorption of various nutrients that can lead to swelling of the body as well as other symptoms.

This is tested for by a blood tests and an endoscopy, if required.

I would strongly recommend that he be seen again to be evaluated further.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much I will contact my local gp would this also cause the chest problem?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Yes the chest problem may very well be related.

I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He has gotten the results back from his stool sample and it says that it is normal no further action to be taken but recently he has been drinking alot more than is normal for him and he is very snotty his breath smells of it and he finds it very difficult to breathe through his nose this is also a long term problem and I was wondering if that is also connected to the loose stools thank you