Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

What requirements would need to be satisfied first, medical

What requirements would need to be satisfied first, for a medical doctor in a foreign country, to be able to write private prescriptions in the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

To write private prescriptions in the UK doctors must be registered with a licence to practise with the General Medical Council (GMC).

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/register/LRMP.asp

Take care.

Please rate with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they are not physically based in the UK, but write private prescriptions that can be used in the UK, do they still need to be registered with the GMC?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Yes for a prescription to be honored in the UK the prescribing doctor should be registered with the GMC.

Take care.