This is a very rough situation.
No, there is no way we can diagnose you, but I can comment on this.
I believe the bone scan should be done.
This can pick up infection that the MRI can miss.
I would not wait longer than 2 or 3 months to do it.
I would prefer this over an MRI with contrast at this point.
Other causes of fever can be an abdominal abscess: CT scan needed.
Or, endocarditis, an infection of the heart valve, echocardiogram needed.
It can also be a problem with temperature control, such as from a brain tumor, but this would generally give other symptoms.
I would sit down with your main doctor and go over these possibilities.
OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
No. An echo is an ultrasound of the heart.
I have no idea why they are waiting for the bone scan.
I don't see the need, unless they think the antibiotic course would cover up the infection. Ask them.
Osteopinea has nothing to do with this.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/