Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

DAD HAS CELULITIS WHICH IS CURRENTLY BEING TREATED WITH A

Customer Question

DAD HAS CELULITIS WHICH IS CURRENTLY BEING TREATED WITH A COURSE OF SOME STRONG ANTIBIOTICS WHICH WHEN FINISHED WILL REVERT BACK TO A WEAKER ONGONG LOW DOSAGE OF ANTIBIOTICS.
DAD HAS HAD THIS CONDITION FOR MOST OF THIS YEAR AND HE CURRENTLY IS STRUGGLING TO WALK AND IS GENERALLY BECOMNIG MORE DEPRESSED BY THE DAY DUE TO THE PAIN AND SUFFERING
OUR GP HAS ARRANGED FOR SOME BLOOD TESTS AND WILL SEE DAD ONCE THE RESULTS ARE AVAILABLE. DAD IS ON THE BORDER LINE OF BECOMING A DIABETIC. OUR GP HAS ALSO TAKEN SOME PICTURES OF DADS LEGS TO SEND THEM TO THE DERMATOLOGY AT OUR LOCAL HOSPITAL.
GPS HAVE BEEN REALLY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL BUT DAD IS NOT WELL - HE IS CONSTANTLY TIRED, FINDS DIFFIUCLUTY IN WALKING AND IS IN GREAT PAIN. I FEAR HE IS RAPIDLY LOOSING THE WILL TO LIVE.
WHILST I ACCEPT THE RELEVANT TERSTS HAVE TO BE DONE IS IT WORTH TAKING HIM TO A CONSULTANT DERMATOLOGIST FOR EXPERT HELP?
MANY THANKS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is indeed frustrating for your dad.

Infection should respond to antibiotics.

But if not healing completely, other possibilities need to be considered.

I have not seen the rash --so will not be able to be more specific.

Autoimmune disorder, vasculitis, even skin malignancy mneed to be ruled out with biopsy of the lesion.

Hence a dermatologist consultation will be good for your dad's diagnosis and treatment.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/