Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My child was given the wrong injection and im worried what

My child was given the wrong injection and im worried what to do next or impact of injecction. Please help. He is 16wks old and i beliece at 16 weeks you get 3 injections. Meningitis b is one injection. Pneumococcal is the 2nd injection. The third is the 5 in1 which protects against diphtheria tetanus whooping cough polio and hib. He got a 4 in 1 instead of the 5 in 1 and this should be given to preschool aged children. It has no hib in it. The doctor has apologised a lot and says it is not dangerous but I need reassurance.
1. Is the injection he got safe?
2. How do we give him the hib he has missed?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

The injection is ABSOLUTELY 100% safe.

Hib is also available separately as well which can be administered at a later time.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to be sure the fact that the child is only 16 weeks old and got the 4 in 1 injection for a 3 year old won't be a problem? How or when should we get the individual hib injection now that this has been done?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Well, the HIB injection can still be administered after a couple of weeks or so and this is available as an individual HIB injection. You should request your GP and local brands would be better known to your GP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume then the dosage for a 4 in 1 injection for a 3 year old is just the same as that given to a 16wk old child only it excludes the hib part? Sorry to ask again but with it being a baby and controversial injections I just want reassurance.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I am giving you a link to an immunization table to have a look which injection was given.

Please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/400554/2902222_Green_Book_Chapter_11_v2_4.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it was this one. The doc confirmed all other injections were correct and he did not receive mmr etc:Three years four months old
or soon after
Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and
polio (DTaP/IPV or dTaP/IPV)
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

That's fine.

Should not be of any concern.

He should be okay.

I would not worry whatsoever.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome.

Wish you all the best.

Please rate me before you leave as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.