Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I wake up in the morning have my breakfast a normal

I wake up in the morning have my breakfast a normal breakfast and then after 2 to 2 and a half hours id feel sudden weakness and my body starts shaking ,feel light headed and then it feels like i am about to fall any moment. Thats the time when i feel really hungry when i eat i feel better. Is that normal or should be an area for concern. I am a female almost 21 and obese.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this is not normal

it sounds like you are battling hypoglycemia or low blood sugar levels.

this can be caused by high insulin levels. you should see your GP doctor and get blood test to check your insulin blood levels

also hyperthyroidism or high thyroid hormone levels can cause faster metabolism and cause you to get hungry really quickly and have low blood sugar levels.

polycystic ovarian syndrome can cause you to have high blood androgen levels and cause weight gain and cause insulin resistance as well. this should be checked for as well.

this is not normal.

do you have a GP doctor you can see who can run some blood tests for you to check for these issues?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. Is it really bad though?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you don't want to have low blood sugar levels.

you can pass out if your blood sugar levels get too low.

you might need to borrow a home glucose meter from your doctor to test your blood sugar levels when you are feeling hungry and your body is shaking to see how low your levels are getting.

you may have to carry around some source of food like orange juice or a candy bar with you so you can get it if and when you get dizzy and your sugar levels get too low

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com