Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'm 37 years old, fit and healthy. I'm currently struggling

Customer Question

Hi, I'm 37 years old, fit and healthy. I'm currently struggling to find a contraceptive which suits my body. When I was trying for a baby, I bled every other week! I seem to bleed heavily without the pill. After my child was born I immediately went on microgynon and have only come off this, this year. I cannot find a pill which suits since. Cerrelle caused much discomfort and two week periods and micronor seems to bring on mini periods every two weeks (in 4th pack now and still no calming of flow). Would an implant be a better option? I just feel a bit confused and hate 'playing' around with my body.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

Yes, I would go with implanon

It provides a more steady dose of hormone than the other options

I like it a lot

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. With the implant are there still irregular bleeds like I experience with the mini pill?

sometimes. Yes. But less so than the pill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That sounds better. I loved the microgynon for knowing when it would happen but I started getting migraines. My job is very stressful so some comfort in consistency with bleeds certainly helps!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have another question if you don't mind...my coccyx really sticks out and although isn't a problem in day to day life it causes me much discomfort when I'm doing sit ups and Pilates. It can literally cut my skin. Is there anything which can be done? It's just embarrassing when I'm adding towels etc to my fitness mat to pad it and no one else seems to do the same!

would you mind accepting additional services?