Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have fleshy growths around my anus and I would like to

Hello Doctor,
I have fleshy growths around my anus and I would like to find out if they are anal warts or skin tags before having them treated.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have hemorrhoids or anal tags

would you like to upload a clear jpg photo of the area so I can better help you?

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr DavidI asked the following question on the 3rd of June and received your answer on the 6th of June. Unfortunately, I was working away at sea, (I'm a captain on private yachts) and was unable to follow up on your answer. I have since returned, have photographed the affected area and would like to know how I can now upload the photos to you.Thanks,
Mark.Hello Doctor, I have fleshy growths...
Hello Doctor,
06/06/2016 01:3006/06/2016 01:29
Dermatologist
Hello,I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?Thank you,Shantal
06/06/2016 01:31
Dr. David Dr. David Dermatologist
This is Dr. Davidyou could have hemorrhoids or anal tagswould you like to upload a clear jpg photo of the area so I can better help you?type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you an email the photo to

info @ justanswer . com

or you can upload the photos here on this web portal

there should be a link for "add file"

or you can use these instructions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I'd already uploaded them on my previous enquiry. I'll try uploading them again here.Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

those look like hemorrhoids

you should try some 1% hydrocortisone cream on the area twice a day for 2 weeks and see if that helps.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a little confused, as I thought hemorroids would be painful, these growths are not painful at all. So would they be classified as external hemorrhoids? Excuse me If I sound a little pedantic, but I'm located in France and language problems make it difficult to get a diagnosis here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I need a prescription for the hydrocortisone cream?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

hemorrhoids are not always painful.

yes, these are external hemorrhoids.

you should be able to get 1% hydrocortisone steroid cream in France over the counter there without a prescription.

also work on keeping your stools soft by eating lots of fruits and vegetables and drinking more water and fluits

eating prunes can help as well.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. I already eat plenty of fruits and veggies, but I'll try increasing my fluid intake. My stools are never hard and I've always been very regular with bowel movements.If there's no change after a couple of weeks of the hydrocortisone treatment, do I get back to you here?Thanks again.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, you can always come back here and ask more questions.

don't forget to leave positive feedback for the help I have given to you so far

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician