DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My son has just had a second positive test disease from the

Customer Question

my son has just had a second positive test for Lymes disease from the Hemel Hempstead clinic. He had athe first positive over two years ago but could not afford to pay the German clinic to interpret the readings. It has cost a lot of money to get this diagnosis, and we are now desperate to get treatment for him quickly on the NHS. Is this possible? He is very poorly and we are concerned about any more damage happening to him. He has heart pain and all the other Lymes symptons. He lives in Brighton, but we could go anywhere to anyone who will listen!
thank you in advance Katie
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Yes

The treatment is simple.

I am assuming you reside in the UK

He simply needs an antibiotic called docycicline.

Probably for 4 weeks or maybe longer, depending on his examination.

He needs to go to A&E first, as this will be faster than trying to see his GP, unless the GP will see him immediately.

If you are not registered with a GP, go to A&E.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/