Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Six months ago I experienced great distress when vivid

Six months ago I experienced great distress when vivid memories of being sexually assaulted /raped and mentally abused suddenly came back to me in detail. I had suppressed them/ blocked them out for 26 years. I have also been physically unwell all these years. I have been crying a lot and reliving everything as if it was happening in the present moment. The thoughts are intrusive and almost continual and I find myself reliving / rehearsing conversations with the abuser, as if he was in the room or house with me. Shouting and screaming at him/ sobbing. He is with me all the time practically. I feel iam losing my mind and would like robe told the truth if you think I am. How an Imake it stop? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that the talking out loud and rehearsing of conversations was there before in times of great stress. But I did not have this symptom or problems before the rape/assault.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

This is a form of PTSD.

PTSD is reliving the events of the assault

You need treatment for PTSD

There is a new therapy called EMDR.

It is highly effective.

I would pursue it

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States