wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have found a small lump in my clitirous area. I was abused

Customer Question

Hi. I have found a small lump in my clitirous area. I was abused as a child and daren't get it checked out but I am worrying loads. What shall ido. I'm 25
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've never had regular periods. I have had cysts on my ovaries. I'm worried because I have never felt a bump down there or lump of any sort
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have sexual inter course
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Is the lump painful, red, warm to the touch or have any discharge?

How large is it?

Has it changed since you last noticed it?

When was your last OB/GYN evaluation?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't have any of them. It's under the skin but not painful at all. It's tiny. Like a pea.It's not changed but I only noticed it 4 days ago.I haven't ever had one. Due to abuse I am worried to. I have had blood tests in the past and I had a scan for a cyst last year.No I don't have any medical problems or take any medication
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's difficult to describe where it is but it's under the skin but not inside the vagina or on the holes. It's at the start of the clitirous area
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long will an answer take round about
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Sorry for the delay in replying...I'm oncall this week and have been in the operating room for the last 6 hours...

There are a couple of possibilities for what could be causing this pea sized bump on your clitirous. Given that it is not painful and you are not sexually active the most likely culprit is a build up of dead skin cells under the hood of this area.

It might also be a Sebaceous cyst.

You could try hot compresses and sitz baths to see if this resolves the issue. But, of course, the best thing way to know what exactly is going on would be to have an exam by your OB/GYN.

The good news?

I do not believe this is anything serious such as a tumor, wart or STD given what you have posted.

Does this make sense to you?

Have a good weekend,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was more concerned because it's inside the area as in under the skin not on it. Does that make any difference ?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Nope :)

A visit to your OB/GYN will quickly and easily get to the root of the problem

Have a good weekend