Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

After having unprotected sex, I was really itchy down below

Customer Question

After having unprotected sex, I was really itchy down below & had burning whilst going to the toilet. I went to a clinic & was tested for STI's, all tests came back negative. Since then I've had a lot of discharge with an odur. Also there was a little blood after sex. I've taken medication for thrush. Then this morning I went for a wee & it felt like there was something in my vagina. I've looked & there's quite a big, hard greyish colour lump in my vaginal wall.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Was the sex protected or unprotected?

When was your last pap smear?

Was it normal?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it was unprotected sex. My last smear was about 2 years ago & all was fine.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

When is your next pap smear due?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not actually sure, I usually just wait till the doctors write to let me know when it's due.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

It's usually due once every three years but considering your symptoms, I would have had one done now to make sure it is normal, considering your symptoms.

Also, in some ladies, yeast or fungal infections are very common after sex which, can at times, cause a bit of bleeding as well.

So would recommend that you should have your pap smear done and have your yeast infection treated, if that has not already been done.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards