Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I seem to suffer from mild headaches- usually on the left

Customer Question

Hi I seem to suffer from mild headaches- usually on the left side of my head but they vary around the forehead as well. I had a tooth filling done 3 weeks ago and since then I seem to get throbbing pain on the upper teeth - left hand side of mouth accompanied by these headaches.i am on amlodipine 5mg once a day as well and I have been on them for 7 weeks.i would appreciate a response thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Headaches after tooth filling is most likely due to irritation and inflammation of the nerve inside the tooth which causes lots of pain and headache along its path.But as you said its been 3 weeks since filling this headache and inflammation should get settle by now. I would suggest you to followup with your dentist as that nerve is still inflammed or irritated and need to be fixed. Meanwhile you can take ibuprofen for pain and headache and it would decrease inflammation as well.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health