Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I normally have irregular periods but my periods come every

hello, I normally have irregular periods but my periods come every month but are late and recently I have noticed that I am not every 28 days, rather, I am either 30-45 days. my last period was in April and I was due to have my next period ending May but it didn't come and we are in june now and today is my 42nd day and still no signs of blood. Previously been on the pill prescribed by my doctor but went off it last year December and my periods have been fine, 5 days all perfect. My issue now is that I still haven't had any signs of blood but I have the symptoms such as stomach cramps and more.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

have you had sexual activity recently?

you may need to go back on the pill to help your periods become more regular

if you do sports or workout regularly, this can cause your periods to irregular.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sexually active and I feel I have been doing good without being on the pill. My periods have been good just that I haven't had may's period and we are now in the early days of june. I don't know if I should wait a couple more days and see. I am also anemic and take iron tablets too but I have been eating well and taking the iron tables some times
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

most likely your may period is just late, like your prior periods were late as well.

you will eventually get your period, most likely it will just be late again.

make sure you take your iron tablets after a meal with food already in your stomach.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much!