wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have had squamous skin cancer on my face, ears and skull

I have had squamous skin cancer on my face, ears and skull treated by operations and radiotherapy. Origin : fifteen years in the tropics. Will I ever be rid of the danger of more eruptions? Is there anything to stop it?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

If those particular skin cancers were completely excised you will not get those ones back again.

However, since the DNA on other patches of your skin was probably also damaged by the tropical sun you will most likely be at increased risk of new skin cancers forming.

So. What can you do?

Wear protective clothing and/or sun block when you are outside to prevent further DNA damage to your skin.

Be vigilant in searching areas of your sun exposed skin surface for possible new lesions. You might also want to be examined by a dermatologist on a routine basis to be on the safe side as she might notice skin changes/early tumors that you might miss.

There is nothing you can do to reverse the changes already done....no diet, no pill, no exercise, no cream.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS