DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have acid reflux the most tiresome symptom is a serious

I have acid reflux the most tiresome symptom is a serious cough which is treated to no effect and I have been referred for chest exrays three times. also I am having bronchitis on and off which i never had before. i really need to get the cough sorted. I am healthy and not overweight. But 82. M A van Raalte
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

This can be typical of acid reflux that is not controlled.

It happens and you need to be considered for surgical correction of the reflux, if

you have the strongest medicine and it does not help.

Be sure you are working with a GI doctor.

Ph testing of the esophagus can confirm that this is the problem.

If you are only using water for the reflux, then you should go on a PPI medication, which stops the acid...this should stop the cough.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/