Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Here below is the medication that my mother is on. My mother

Customer Question

Here below is the medication that my mother is on. My mother is 84 years old and I am concerned that she has been loosing weight for the past year and quite dramatically in the last 6 months she must weigh about 6 stone. My mother’s feet have been swollen and painful for the last 6 months and due to this she is finding it harder to walk. Her speech is slowing down and she is sleeping a lot more than usual during the day. She seems to be eating well but she’s not gaining any weight at all and is becoming more tired and weary by the day. I do believe that she does get headaches too. Please can you help! Her list of tablets taken are below.
1. Ibuprofen Tablets; 28 x 400mg tablets. Take ONE twice a day. Take with or just after a meal.
2. Metformin Tablets (Diabetes) 28 x 500mg Hydrochlorothiazide and Amiloride Hydrochloride
3. Moduret 25: Tablets (Blood Pressure) 28 Tablets.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you are asking.

She needs evaluation fro the weight loss.

Has her thyroid been checked?

Has she had a clean colonoscopy in the last 10 years?