Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I've had a maybe tooth sized lump on the roof of my mouth

I've had a maybe tooth sized lump on the roof of my mouth behind my left side teeth. I've had this many years and also a smaller one on the other side. I have another lump i can feel under my right ear. I feel my right ear canal is noticably more closed than the left and this side of jaw always clicks loudly whenever I open it over halfway and close. Both ears are very often itchy on the inside. I don't have pain. I often get a dry throat and feel like vomiting especially in the morning. I wen't to my GP but feel I wasn't taken seriously as I have a history of anxiety. Any explanation to whats going on in this area?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Can you please attach a picture or two here for me to have a look at and to be able to give you a better opinion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, the lumps arent visible from looking inside my mouth or on the outside. It's just a rock solid non moving mass under the soft area leading to my throat. Its big enough to be a constant irritation.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry for my late response as I was away for a while.

If the lump has been there for years it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be anything serious or anything to worry about.

Hard rock mass is most likely something that is coming out from the bone and the most common lump of the bone is osteoma which is something absolutely harmless.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Grandfather had a benign brain tumour that led to him having a very poor quality of life. The type of tumour I don't know, until last year I thought it was Cancer he had because of what happened to him. I know Doctors don't like to give scans for no reason because of radiation amongst other things. Do you think a Doctor would sign off on a scan if I paid for it myself given this history and the fact I have more than one lump I can feel?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concerns.

I think that you can request your GP and share your concerns. Let your GP know exactly what you told me on here.

Hopefully he/she will agree.

Kindest regards