Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have had tingling and muscle pains all over 4 weeks.Blood

Customer Question

Hi I have had tingling and muscle pains all over for around 4 weeks.Blood tests showed my vitamin D was low so I also asked for a vitamin B12 test .Today I ended up in A and E due to the tingling and pains I was getting.They said my Vitamin B12 was low and to get in touch with my GP for treatment .I phoned my doctors where the receptionist said I needed to a antibody test and to see the doctor after test.I am confused to why I am having an antibody test and cant see the doctors for 2 weeks!
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically they want to know the cause for your low vitamin B12, hence asking for the further tests. Or else if you meet the doctor with the present investigations the doctor will then again ask you to have the tests done. Therefore it is in your best interests to have the test done before consulting your doctor. Your doctor needs to establish the diagnosis and the cause for the vitamin B-12 deficiency for the appropriate treatment. You would have received the emergency treatment at the A and E.

Take care.