DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Before being diagnosed with cancer my sister developed a

Before being diagnosed with cancer my sister developed a rash on her forearms and buttocks and thighs, then joint swelling in fingers and wrist this swelling was diagnosed as arthritis and treated as such, no one seems to have an answer about the rash which comes and goes, however while receiving chemo treatment there has been no sign of the rash or joint swelling but since stopping chemo to undergo surgery which was 6weeks ago the rash and joint aches have returned, again we still cannot get any answers and are being referred to a dermatologist once more, we have already been down the cream and moisturiser path it seems so pathetic. Help!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

This situation sounds complex but is really simple.

She needs a biopsy of the rash.

This will indicate if this is

allergy

autoimmune disease

infection

eczema

rare skin condition

other

That is really the next step to get this clarified.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/