Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have been having tingling in my hands and feet and muscle

Customer Question

Hi I have been having tingling in my hands and feet and muscle twitches when resting.The only blood test that came back abnormal was my vitamin d level (55) The doctor said this could be causing my muscle pain and joint cracking.I have just had a a vitamin b12 test which showing low and my folic acid is low but not too low.I am waiting to have a antibody test and have started vitamin b12 supplements .Im confused as a couple of doctors have said the low vitamins are causing the tingling and aching but the doctor today said it wasn't low enough to cause this but didn't have a clue what it was .Im seeing a nuerolgist in August .I am know very confused and worried!
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear about your suffering. What I understand is that your confused regarding whether the tingling is due to low vitamins or not, is that true?

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

It is not only low levels, but also for how long the levels have been low. So if the vitamin levels are low, only marginally, but have been around for a while then surely symptoms can arise. Tingling sensations are attributable to low vitamin b12 and folic acid levels. Now, it is good that you are being worked up for the reason (by having the antibody test) and also that the replacement has begun. It is also wise to have consultation with the neurologist.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Vitamin D levels being low are rarely accountable for the tingling

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate positively. I am here in case you have any further questions.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Kindly provide a positive rating please

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Please, I await for you to rate positively. Thank you