Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a sizeable lump on my penis that has seemingly got

I have a sizeable white lump on my penis that has seemingly got bigger over time. It has been there for around 14-21 days - it's a medium-hard lump and fixed in its position on the skin and doesn't appear to contain any liquid or such, just some sort of abnormality of the skin.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

Can you please attach a picture or two on here for me to see and to be able to help you out in a better way.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sure, one moment.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

Ok take your time

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've attached a few pictures below.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

I also see that there is a small break in the skin where the lump is?

Are you sexually active?

Monogamous or having multiple partners?

Do you have protected sex?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not sexually active and I'm still a virgin. Yes, there is a small break, however I think that may have been due to me trying to 'squeeze' the lump.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

How big is the lump under the skin?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The same size as the white area
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well I guess the white area is the lump - the lump doesn't appear to go 'under' the skin. I guess it is the skin - hope that makes sense.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

I think that this may be a small cyst that is fixed.

Does not sound like anything serious.

Is obviously not any sexually transmitted infection since you are virgin.

If it is bothering you a lot I would recommend that you be seen for this and be examined by your GP just to be sure.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Of course I will get to the GP asap, I was just curious to see what your opinion was in the interim. Should this clear up on it's own? What sort of timeframe should I be looking at? Also, should i refrain from masturbation?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I forgot to add, before this appeared the skin was somewhat aggreviated, a little red - almost like friction was part of the issue.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

There is a good possibility that it would clear on its own but considering that three weeks have already passed and it has not gone away I would recommend that you be seen just to be sure.

You can give it another couple of weeks.

I would recommend not masturbating for the next two weeks.

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay great. Thanks for the answer.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

You are most welcome.

Wish you all the best

Take care

Goodbye for now :)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** rest of your day!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, one final thing (really) - can it be a cyst even if there's no sign of anything liquid of nature inside?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

If the cyst has not burst there may not be any fluid coming out.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There doesn't seem to be any liquid inside, due to the size of it. It feels literally just like hard skin, but does seem to have gone a little softer over the past few days. I appreciate that I've already got my moneys worth with your answers, but just want to quell my curiousity before my GP visit. If it's not a cyst, is there anything other obvious it could be?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

If it is not a cyst it is MOST LIKELY something harmless or a harmless nodule under the skin.

Does not seem or sound like anything serious or anything to worry about at all whatsoever.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Great, thanks a lot. Have a nice day!