Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I banged my head round 10am and i started to get a headache

I banged my head round 10am and i started to get a headache around 10pm and then felt a bit sick and my pupils have dilated and im wondering if its something to be worried about
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Did you lose consciousness?

Any vomiting?

Any vision problems?

Any bleeding from the nose or ear?

Any fluid discharge from the nose?

What is the time there now?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i havent loss consciousness and well ive had a small amount of vomit in my mouth but its only a little amount and the rest no and its 2.18 am
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Since you have had a bit of a vomit I would recommend that you should be seen in the emergency just to be on the safe side, particularly since you also mention that your pupils are dilated.

If you put light on the pupils both the pupils should constrict equally. If one pupil is constricting and the other is not constricting that is a definitive sign of bleeding inside the brain.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Please do rate me before you leave by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way

we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What does constrict mean sorry
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Constrict is the opposite of dilate. Means shrink.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They both shrank thats a good sign and im able to go to sleep without worry right ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Yes that is a good sign.

You can go to sleep without worry now.

Just keep a look out on symptoms that I mentioned i.e. bleeding from the ear, nose or fluid coming out from the nose for the next 10 hours or so.

Please do rate me before you leave by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much again
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome