DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

What is the alternative to test a person wearing

Customer Question

what is the alternative to test a person wearing incontinence pads to test for uti, the carers dip the stick and find an infection then they treat it with maybe wrong antibiotics
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

The only way here is with a catheterized specimen.

Go to the doctors office, or have a doctor do this, if this is the nursing home.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/