Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I started taking loestrin 20 on thursday 2nd of june which

Customer Question

I started taking loestrin 20 on thursday 2nd of june which was about mid cycle. I was staying at my boyfriends this past weekend which was 9 days after I started the pill and the leaflet said you are protected after 7 days although we also pulled out all but one time on sunday. On sunday evening I was getting a really bad aching pain in my lower pelvis but I thought this could be a UTI so left it and was going to call on monday for an appointment with my gp but the pain had gone so I left it, however today i've started bleeding. From the circumstances is it advisable to get the morning after pill incase the bleeding is insemination bleeding or is it more likely that its because I started taking the pill mid cycle and I would be due my period today.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
I would get the morning after pill to be safe. There is no guarantee that that pill is working.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply.