Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Do you need to get a solicitor to write to your GP to see

Do you need to get a solicitor to write to your GP for testing to see for A.B.O Incompatibility?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Please explain your situation. What happened and why do you want to test for ABO incompatibility?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a vaccination for Hepatitis B 4 years ago.
The vaccine had wrong type of blood infused, which resulted in serious reaction and occurrence of these symptoms
chills, muscle aches, nausea, joint pain, chest pain, back pain, abdominal pain, inflammation of the liver, lack of energy
I've been suffering these symptoms on and off for the past 4 years:
The date when I first discovered that my injury was the result of clinical or medical negligence is February 2016 when my
GP said to me I recieved the "wrong blood type".My solicitor said I should do testing to see for A.B.O Incompatibility. I went to see my GP and he said my solicitor needs to write to them to do testing for A.B.O Incompatibility.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

If you are planning to go the legal way then yes the solicitor would need to write to your GP.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the solicitor recommends A.B.O Incompatibility test for my own health.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

All the tests that were required to be done would have been done by your doctor. You may consult another doctor who may advice any further tests.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way the doctor will do the A.B.O testing without a letter from a solicitor?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

The doctor will do the test only if it is medically indicated. And according to what you have written your doctor does not think that there is a medical indication for the test. Therefore my advice to you would be to take a second opinion from another doctor in your location.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can A.B.O test detect incompatible blood if blood transfusion was done a few years ago?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Please open a new question requesting me.