Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

8 weeks ago I saw a sex worker whom which I participated in

Hi, 8 weeks ago I saw a sex worker whom which I participated in the following:-1. Rubbing/massaging my penis in between her breasts.
2. oral sex with a condom, where by spit/saliva made contact with the base of my penis, groin, thigh area and testicles.
3. She provided me with a handjob, where she was rubbing my penis with her hands using her own spit and lubricant. During this activity her spit did make contact with the penis hole.My question is do the activities above warrant a STD test? Or is there even a 0.0001 percent chance of a STD? My currently believe is that there isn't but I need expert clarification of this. I understand that protected sex and unprotected oral are low risk but not risk free activities so we can establish that but again I need a professional answer on this.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

This is basically zero risk of STDs

I think you are fine

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Phil, Thank you for clarifying this it's put my mind at rest. I won't take up too much of your time but I just want to ask hypothetically, if I was to part take in protected sex with an escort, what is the time limit in which after this activity I can guarantee I am clear? The reason why I ask this is because I have a partner and we are contemplating having multiple sexual partners, whilst getting checked on a regular basis. So for example if I was to have protected sex with a sex worker today, am I correct in saying that I would have to give it three months to be absolutely sure I haven't caught anything before comfortably having sex with my committed partner?

about 4 weeks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Phil can I please show you a link, it is contradicting what you are saying although I do believe your answer. Please see the below link:-http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/protected-sex-with-high-risk-partners---chances-of-std/show/246389Dr. Handsfield states that it takes 6 weeks for syphilis, and 3 months (or more) for warts. That's how I came up with the 3 month window. Now if you are telling me 4 weeks maximum, then are you suggesting that Dr. Handsfield as well as some other conventional sources are incorrect? The onemedical website also states 3 months for syphilis and hepatitis C and B.

you can't get syphilis this way though

I was thinking more HIV and gonorrhea/chlamydia

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok just one final question and then ill be on my way. So if i have protected sex with a sex worker and i only part take in sex with a condom as well as the 0 risk activities i stated in my initial question, then the right thing to do is avoid sex with my committed partner for 4 weeks, have a test at the gu clinic at the end of the 4 week period, wait another 2 weeks for the all clear before i can have sex with my partner without any concern or anxiety. Would this be correct?

exactly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you