Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I've been recently through a Crohn's Disease flare up, and

I've been recently through a Crohn's Disease flare up, and after steroids and other medications (including Laprazanole), my symptoms have nearly completely gone.
I have been suffering with Costochondritis for a little while, but that too appears to be subsiding.
I have just started a new job in the city, and suffer with anxiety. I have been restless and stressed, so sitting poorly at my desk.
I have somehow developed, a back and chest ache. The pain is sometimes like a tightness of the chest, with no cough (very occasional light phlegm cough, but very occasional) and it hurts most when I tense my muscles. I also have pain in my very upper back causing me concern too. Both of these issues are remedied by pain relief.
I am a hypochondriac, and anxiety sufferer with GAD, and with my long term health conditions, find it difficult to work out if I am experiencing a passive panic attack, or whether I have a muscle strain, or chest infection etc.
Ben
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just to add...My other symptoms include...Back pain
Chest tightness
When swallowing, feels like a lump or something in my back or chest is aggravated
Hoarse voice
Burning pain in throat sometimes, but not sore throat
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting Justanswer.

Have you consulted a doctor regarding this? Any heart investigations done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Yes I have done, I had an ECG done, and came back normal, and a chest x-ray done about 3 weeks ago as well as abdominal. I've also had an ultrasound, and the only thing that came back was a slight elevation of the fat in the liver, but everything else was normal.The doctor I spoke to last, did say, she thought it might be GERD, as it's quite common with Crohn's Disease and abdominal difficulties I was having previously, but didn't follow it up with me until the symptoms have worsened, and now am interested in a second opinion.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

The symptoms that you are having are most likely due to your underlying conditions such as reflux, costochondritis, and anxiety. The fact that the pain responds to analgesics suggests that the underlying cause is a musculoskeletal condition. Since you have been examined by your doctor please continue with the acid reducing medications and also the pain relieving medication. Please also ask your doctor for treatment of the anxiety which may in the form of medications or therapy.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,I am currently taking Citalopram for anxiety now, which is really helping.I am not on any other medications currently, so am unable to continue taking anything for these. Due to Crohn's disease, i cannot take any NSAID's due to the irritation to my stomach, so I cannot take Naproxin. Until I can see doctor (which is likely to be a few weeks) to get a prescription, is there anything I can take OTC for the relief of these symptoms, other than pain relief? Such as acid reduction medication?Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Yes you may take Prilosec or Zantac which is available OTC and these will reduce the acid. For relieving the pain you may take Acetaminophen (Tylenol).

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

You are welcome.

Take care.